- This event has passed.
LA City Council Budget & Finance Committee Meeting
June 22, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
**KEEP UP THE PRESSURE & CALL IN** They will discuss the process for reallocating $100-$150million of the LAPD budget, which is far from enough.
Talking Points For General Public Comment or Item 2:
Defund the police. Cutting it by $150M is not nearly enough. (LAPD budget this year is $3.1B)City Council should adopt the People’s BudgetFor Item 20:3. Don’t add funding for LAPD programs. Now is the time to divest in LAPD. Invest in communities without LAPD involvement.INSTRUCTIONS FOR GIVING PUBLIC COMMENT
– Call in at 10am to secure your place in the queue
– Be prepared to wait 10-15 minutes for the meeting to start as they’ve been starting meetings late.
– Prepare to be kicked off the line while on hold and be forced to call back in. Try to do so before the queue is opened up. Stay on the line until you are told you have been unmuted, and be prepared to speak.
– Ask to speak on Items 2, 20 and/or give General Public Comment. (You will get one minute per item and one minute for General Public Comment. Review the agenda here.)
– When you hear “You have been unmuted,” that means you are going to be allowed to speak shortly.
– One you hear this on your phone, make sure to turn off the meeting stream (or silence it) so there is no background audio. Remember: There is a delay between calls and the stream—you will finish speaking before your comment ends on the screen